Sunday, September 13, 2026

What a Mighty God We Serve!

After church today, Neal and I met with Pastor Joel for him to anoint and pray over me. We talked for a while about what all is currently going on with me. In a nutshell, my right vocal cord is paralyzed, making it very difficult to talk, swallow, and I get choked a lot since the cord doesn't work well enough to help with swallowing; the tinnitus in my right ear is deafening, literally--it's often so loud that I can't hear well, even with my new, wonderful hearing aids; and my brain tumor is still there, although it is shrinking, praise God. After giving him the lowdown, he put some healing oil on Neal's fingers, Neal anointed my neck, we held hands, and Joel prayed.

I felt like I had a Pentecost moment. (We studied this in Acts 2 today, so it's fresh on my mind.) While he was praying, I could feel something happening inside my head. After he finished praying, I kept feeling it for another few minutes. Wouldn't it be cool if God showed up and showed out? Only time will tell. I have an MRI on October 27 and will find out then what's going on with the tumor. It would be REALLY nice if they said, "tumor? What tumor?"

My God is Jehovah-Rapha, the God Who heals. As far as I'm concerned, I'm already healed by the Blood of the Lamb. He healed me on that cross when He died and took all my sins onto His sinless Body so I could be set FREE! I don't know if my body is healed now, but I know that because of Him, it will be one Day. What a mighty God we serve! 

What a mighty God we serve!
What a mighty God we serve!
Angels bow before Him,
Heaven and earth adore Him,
What a mighty God we serve!


Lake Guntersville, sunset, September 3, 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment