Saturday, August 15, 2026

Take My Hand, Precious Lord

I am blessed to be able to co-lead a discipleship group of teen girls. We study the Word, do HEAR journals, and basically share life together. I've really grown to love these girls and am quite thankful for the opportunity to lead them (and for my amazing co-leader!). (HEAR is an acronym for Highlight, Explain, Apply, and Respond.) I wanted to post the one I wrote yesterday.


Psalm 9
08/14/2026
Take My Hand, Precious Lord

H: (9) The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (10) And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. (11) Sing praises to the Lord, Who sits enthroned in Zion! Tell among the people His deeds!

E: To the Hebrews, a stronghold was a high safe, refuge. People could seek safety there. God is our stronghold. We can always seek safety with Him. And when we do, we can shout praises to His glorious Name.

A: I need to read and re-read these verses. This has been a tough week, and today I'm feeling tired, worn down, and gloomy. I just want there to be an end in sight. I'm really tired of cancer and all the side effects I've experienced because of it. I'm so thankful for all the meds that my precious Lord has provided for me, the technology and doctors He's provided, and mostly for the extra years He's provided, but I'm just really tired.

R: Precious Lord, take my hand
     Lead me on, let me stand
     I'm tired, I'm weak, I'm lorn
     Through the storm, through the night
     Lead me on to the light
     Take my hand, precious Lord
     Lead me home

"Take My Hand, Precious Lord" ~ Elvis Presley, 1957

My precious D-Group on Anna's birthday💗




No comments:

Post a Comment