Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Reminders

This time of year can be quite challenging. I like the fact that Facebook keeps up with your memories from previous years' posts, but it is also a tough reminder at times. June marks 12 years since my cancer journey reignited, 24 years since the cancer journey began, and 34 years since my first Chiari surgery. But through it all, God has been with me every step of the way. He has been my constant companion, even in the hardest of times. I'm reminded of how even Elijah wanted the Lord to take his life at one point, but God reminded Him that He wasn't through with him yet. His story wasn't complete, and mine isn't either. As long as there is breath in my lungs, He will use me in some way and I will use that breath to glorify Him. As 139:14 states, "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."

Today's Facebook memory from June 29, 2010

I wanted to update you concerning my doctor appointment. After examining the PET/CT scans, the doctor feels that my cancer has probably returned. I'm going to be admitted to UAB today so they can do a biopsy and figure out what's going on with my throat and everything else. Please join me as I pray. My God is good, and He will bring me through anything and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment