Friday, April 3, 2020

Under the Shelter of His Wings

Wow. I didn't realize it had been so long since I wrote an entry until someone asked me to share my blog with them. For those of you who aren't on Facebook, my apologies!

So much has happened since last summer, which was my last post. We are currently facing a world-wide pandemic that has most of us stuck at home. Honestly, this is how my life is most of the time. I do miss my church family, my kids, and my grandbabies. Peter was born in January and has grown so much already. Yes, we can facetime, but it's definitely not the same. I need to hold him and play with Lucy! Lucy is at such a fun age. We do all kinds of pretend when we're together. Oh, how I miss them! Oh, but I do miss you too David and Rachel. You're kind of special too. 😉

My health is unchanged. I'm still the miracle my doctor said I was! I still have good days and bad days. There are days when the only thing that reminds me that I have cancer is the lack of energy. Sometimes, I feel really good and will do WAY too many things at home. When I do, I'm quickly reminded that I shouldn't be doing that. Oh the fatigue that sets in! Other time, I'm in such pain that I really wish God would just take me Home. Those are days when I don't see a purpose in my continual existence. No worries though. God reminds me that He isn't finished with me yet. Nevertheless, when those thoughts and feelings enter my messed up brain, they are very real. Satan is quite diligent in focusing on making me feel insignificant. But then God... Don't you just love that! The word "but" can be a very loving word!

Today is a good day. I'm experiencing a lot of pain in my neck (no anecdotes, please!🤣), but it isn't excruciating like it so often is. He has me under the shelter of His Wings.



He has us ALL under the shelter of His Wings. Yes, COVID-19 has changed our world, possibly forever. The good news is that He has gotten our attention. So many Christians are being His Hands and Feet. The stories we've seen and experienced have His love written all over them. Who would have thought that an MSNBC anchor would ask a pastor on national TV to pray for us all? Who would have thought that America could ever be basically shut down but so many acts of kindness would occur during the midst of it all? I know Who. The One Who wrote the greatest love story and history book of all time. The One Who loves us even when we're at our absolute worst. The One Who forgives us for even the most heinous of atrocities, if we only ask. The One Who took it all on Himself so we wouldn't have to endure the punishment we so rightly deserve. Do you know this One? Do you know my Jesus? He came as a Baby, but He will soon return as a Conqueror. He will destroy all sin--none of it will be left, including those of us who refuse to turn to Him for forgiveness. Which side will you be on? The Conqueror or the conquered?

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
~ Joshua 28:15 [emphasis mine]

One more thing. If you haven't read Revelation, read it. If you need help reading it or have questions, ask. I've taught it in my small group for several years but definitely have a lot to learn. One good commentary I've found is on the Through the Word app. Chapter 18 is like reading current events. If you read it and don't see how it's so relevant, ask. It can be a very challenging book to read and understand, but it's oh so worth it. He's coming soon. Are you ready?



No comments:

Post a Comment