Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Thorns and Roses

June 25, 1998, I had my initial cancer surgery. June 25, 2010, my doctors were concerned the cancer had metastasized after seeing the CT & PET scans. June 25, 2024, my appointments were extended from 3 months to every 4-6 months since I'm doing so well without chemo. I truly believe God has healed me of metastatic breast cancer that had metastasized to the bone, lung, and brain.🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Metastatic breast cancer just doesn't go away on its own. It's considered terminal, especially when it metastasizes to the brain. But my God is much bigger than cancer. He created the universe. He can do all things. He is Jehovah Rapha, the God Who heals. Why did He heal me and not others? I have no idea, but I will praise His Name from the mountaintops and tell everyone He healed me from cancer! 

June 25, 1988, I had my 1st Chiari surgery. I'm not healed from that. It still causes EXTREME headaches. I have one today. It isn't extreme, but it's certainly bad enough. Why hasn't He healed me from Chiari? I have no idea, but I will still praise Him. I consider it my thorn in the flesh. 

‭Consider 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. The apostle Paul is speaking.

"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (Emphasis mine.)

He is also El Roi, the God Who sees. He sees us. He knows everything about us. This world is a mess because of the choices we have made. All choices that each person makes effects the rest of the world. We're all a mess, so the world is a mess. Don't ever think you haven't done anything to deserve what befalls you. Yes, you have. You mess up everyday; I mess up everyday; the entire world messes up everyday; we're one big mess; but one day God will get rid of all those thorns and create a beautiful rose bush. If we accept the thorns along the way and submit to the One Who created all things, we'll be part of that beautiful rose bush. His grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. I pray you experience His grace and His power. I certainly have! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻






No comments:

Post a Comment